Many National Hockey League players suffer injuries that require time out from the season to heal.
"A sufferer of traumatic brain injury or spinal cord injury needs an advocate who knows TBI/SCI medicine, knows the law, and knows how to make things better—not worse. I'm Dave Hersh. If you need help, contact me."
"As a trial lawyer, I've witnessed firsthand the devastation a traumatic brain or spinal injury can cause. I've dedicated my career to helping survivors of these debilitating injuries."
A small computer chip implanted in brain-damaged rats has shown to improve the animals’ physical and intellectual abilities.
A new brain injury research center has opened at Fort Bragg – a large U.S. Army base in North Carolina’s Cumberland, Hoke, Harnett and Moore counties.
Using blood-thinning medication on patients with a traumatic brain injury can limit the risk of developing dangerous blood clots but does not increase the potential for bleeding in the brain, researchers at the University of Missouri School of Medicine discovered.
People with a traumatic brain injury are three times more likely to die before the age of 56, according to a new study by researchers in Britain and Sweden.
A company has developed a new software solution to assess the severity of head injuries – technology that could be applied in the sports world as well as within military units and hospitals to decide best treatment options.
For the first time in North America, a team of doctors has successfully completed a stem cell transplant to a spinal cord injury patient.
A new method of preventing and treating brain injuries has been patented. The method was developed by James D. Lechleiter, Ph.D., professor of cellular and structural biology at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio.
U.S. Marines who suffer a mild traumatic brain injury while serving in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars are about twice as likely to experience post-traumatic stress disorder, according to a new study published in the journal JAMA.
A student at Stanford and researchers at the National Institutes of Health have created a new method that shows the immediate effects of a mild traumatic brain injury.
with your questions or referrals. For a free consultation, call 1-888-895-2080 or complete the form:
Transmission of information to you from this website or receipt of documents or messages from you through this website does not create or establish an attorney-client relationship between you and Burg Simpson Eldredge Hersh & Jardine, P.C., nor is the information considered private or privileged. You should not rely on this web site as a source of legal advice. Legal advice of any nature should be sought from legal counsel.
- NHL pays millions each year to injured players for head injuries February 3, 2014
- Brain implant may improve mobility in TBI patients February 3, 2014
- New Army brain injury research center opens January 29, 2014
- Using blood thinners decreased blood-clot risk in TBI patients January 28, 2014
- TBI sufferers more likely to die prematurely, study finds January 28, 2014
- Jury awards family $14 million in TBI case against Hyundai July 18, 2013
- VCU to lead federally funded brain injury study August 20, 2013
- New technique uses magnetic pulses to measure consciousness in brain-injured patients August 21, 2013
- FDA, International Anesthesia Research Society study impacts of anesthesia on children’s brains August 21, 2013
- New York NFL team partners with digital imaging maker to improve brain injury detection August 21, 2013