Researchers from the University of Rochester Medical Center and Oregon Health and Science University found traumatic brain injuries negatively affect the brain’s waste removal system.
"A sufferer of traumatic brain injury or spinal cord injury needs an advocate who knows TBI/SCI medicine, knows the law, and knows how to make things better—not worse. I'm Dave Hersh. If you need help, contact me."
"As a trial lawyer, I've witnessed firsthand the devastation a traumatic brain or spinal injury can cause. I've dedicated my career to helping survivors of these debilitating injuries."
Researchers from the Kessler Foundation have linked traumatic brain injuries to memory impairments, according to a press release.
Researchers from the Henry Ford Hospital have found a U.S. Food and Drug Administration-approved medication used to treat the health effects of a stroke may be beneficial in helping heal the damage caused by a traumatic brain injury, according to a statement from Henry Ford.
In August, President Barack Obama signed into law the Veteran’s Access, Choice, and Accountability Act of 2014, which extended the Department of Veteran Affairs’ Traumatic Brain Injury Assisted Living (AL-TBI) program for three more years, according to the Brain Injury Association of America.
Recent research regarding Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) has uncovered good and bad news.
The National Institutes of Health announced Sept. 30 it awarded $46 million to support the Brain Research through Advancing Innovative Neurotechnologies (BRAIN) initiative.
A recent study by Canadian researchers found traumatic brain injuries may affect teenage boys and girls differently.
Researchers from Newcastle University in the U.K. have discovered that even mild traumatic brain injuries can cause brain damage as well as thinking and memory problems.
Researchers at the University of California – Irvine (UCI) have discovered a new and unique treatment to restore motor function in patients with spinal cord injuries.
Researchers from North Carolina, Ohio and Colorado have discovered the location of a brain injury does not affect the severity of the concussion or recovery time.
with your questions or referrals. For a free consultation, call 1-888-895-2080 or complete the form:
Transmission of information to you from this website or receipt of documents or messages from you through this website does not create or establish an attorney-client relationship between you and Burg Simpson Eldredge Hersh & Jardine, P.C., nor is the information considered private or privileged. You should not rely on this web site as a source of legal advice. Legal advice of any nature should be sought from legal counsel.
- TBI cause brain’s waste system to malfunction December 16, 2014
- Recent studies learns more about memory problems following TBI December 16, 2014
- Previously FDA-approved medication may be helpful in treating TBI October 23, 2014
- Important VA TBI program extended October 23, 2014
- 2 studies shed light on connection between TBI and ALS October 14, 2014
- Impacts of a brain injury weeks, years later December 13, 2013
- New York professor receives grant money to study body movement in brain and spinal injury patients October 29, 2013
- NIH funds international brain research effort October 29, 2013
- Researchers use fruit flies in brain injury study October 18, 2013
- Alabama researchers study new drug that could lessen impacts of concussion October 17, 2013