Researchers say a specific gene therapy could potentially treat humans with spinal cord injuries.
"A sufferer of traumatic brain injury or spinal cord injury needs an advocate who knows TBI/SCI medicine, knows the law, and knows how to make things better—not worse. I'm Dave Hersh. If you need help, contact me."
"As a trial lawyer, I've witnessed firsthand the devastation a traumatic brain or spinal injury can cause. I've dedicated my career to helping survivors of these debilitating injuries."
The National Institutes of Health recently awarded VisionQuest Biomedical LLC – a medical imaging tools company – a grant of $150,000 to develop new iPad software that could help quickly diagnose traumatic brain injuries.
Children who experience a traumatic brain injury may suffer from poor social skills and be unable to interact with others, a new study by researchers at Brigham Young University stated.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention lists motor vehicle accidents as the leading cause of spinal injuries.
A traumatic brain or neck injury could nearly triple a young adult’s risk of experiencing a stroke, according to a new study.
Researchers at the University of South Carolina have identified a part of the brain called the white matter “scaffold” responsible for a critical communication network that supports brain function.
Using advanced magnetic resonance imagining (MRI) techniques, researchers in Ontario found microscopic changes in the brains of young athletes after they had experienced a concussion.
Many National Hockey League players suffer injuries that require time out from the season to heal.
A small computer chip implanted in brain-damaged rats has shown to improve the animals’ physical and intellectual abilities.
A new brain injury research center has opened at Fort Bragg – a large U.S. Army base in North Carolina’s Cumberland, Hoke, Harnett and Moore counties.
with your questions or referrals. For a free consultation, call 1-888-895-2080 or complete the form:
Transmission of information to you from this website or receipt of documents or messages from you through this website does not create or establish an attorney-client relationship between you and Burg Simpson Eldredge Hersh & Jardine, P.C., nor is the information considered private or privileged. You should not rely on this web site as a source of legal advice. Legal advice of any nature should be sought from legal counsel.
- Gene therapy gives hope for spinal cord injury treatment April 14, 2014
- iPad software aims to quickly diagnose concussions April 14, 2014
- TBI at young age impacts social functions April 14, 2014
- Researchers say falls are a leading cause of spinal injury April 3, 2014
- Head injury increases risk of stroke for some April 3, 2014
- TBIs impair ability to drive July 25, 2013
- Cheerleading puts athletes at risk of injury August 26, 2013
- Head injury technology tested by college athletes August 29, 2013
- Spinal cord injury creates higher risk of cardiovascular disease August 29, 2013
- Returning to college after a TBI August 29, 2013